Carolina Tours offers many tours throughout the year. From day trips to cross-country adventures to cruises and foreign travel, we are sure to have a tour that sparks your interest and fits your budget.
Carolina Tours can provide many of our tours for your group. We can arrange an exclusive adventure just for you, depending on the size of your group. We can do tours for civic groups, business groups, religious groups, alumni associations, community organizations, and local clubs. For more information, contact us by phone, email or a written letter.
What Our Travelers Say
Carolina Tours has grown mainly because of all the good things our travelers have to say about their travel experiences. Word of mouth advertising is the best and has certainly worked for us. Our mailing list has grown from 100 travelers in 1981 to over 7,000 in 2017. Not only have our travelers endorsed the travel experiences they have enjoyed with their friends, neighbors, and even strangers, they have continued to travel with us. In fact, we have some folks who took their first tour in the 1980s – and they are still traveling with us today! Over 90% of our travelers fall into the ‘repeat business’ category because they know Carolina Tours always tries to exceed their expectations and provide ‘something special,’ for sure!
There are many ways for you to learn about our upcoming tours:
Visit Our Tours page, where you will find a calendar of tours or search for your special tour.
Visit our Newsletters page, where you will find the current issue, past issues and how to subscribe.
Twice a year (usually January and August), Carolina Tours hold 8-10 Travel Talks around the Midlands and Low Country. At the late summer meeting, we present information about tours remaining in the calendar year, plus a preview of tours coming up in the new year. At the January gatherings, we present an informative overview of our tour line-up for the coming year. The schedule for Travel Talks is published in the newsletter and posted on this website and on our Facebook page.
Travel Talks are packed with tour information and they’re fun, too!
- Special Discounts – Only at Travel Talks, you can receive special discounts on select tours. Discounted tours will be listed in the Newsletter preceding Travel Talks. Discounts may be five percent off trip cost or $50-100 off trip cost or $5 off one-day tours. Only at Travel Talks!
- Travel Dollars – Every Travel Talk attendee receives Travel Dollars – a $5 certificate that can be cashed in on any overnight trip.
- Travel Rewards Program – Each person who travels with Carolina Tours earns points for dollars spent on a per person basis. Travelers will receive (by mail) their Travel Rewards Certificate with a cash value based on the total number of points earned. These points can be redeemed for discounts on tours – only at the January Travel Talks. Some restrictions apply – be sure to read your certificate carefully – click here for more information (Link to one-pager 2017-2018 Travel Rewards Program).
- Door Prizes – Every Travel Talk attendee can enter the drawing for some very interesting door prizes – maybe a bottle of wine, or a bag of hotel toiletries, or some other surprise.
- ‘Something Special’ Raffle Drawing – Travelers on overnight tours receive one raffle ticket for every day of the trip. At year’s end, all the tickets are entered into drawings for free trips. In 2018, five lucky people won free trips:
- Annual Mystery Tour —Spence Grotheer
- Taste of Spring —Jess Hendley
- It’s Show Time! —Tom Collier & Guest
- Fall Foliage Mystery Tour—Joe Dailey and Guest
- A ‘Carlisle’ Christmas—Patsy Amick and Guest
Effective for motor coach and cruise tours, Carolina Tours has purchased the Travel Insured Group Protection Plan on behalf of all participants on tours costing over $500 per person/double, unless noted otherwise on tour flyer.
For tours costing less than $500 per person/double, or if you are traveling as a single and your cost is over $500 on a tour costing less than $500 per person/double, travel insurance is still available, but will be at your discretion and completely optional. Call the office for details.
Policies and Procedures
Carolina Tours works hard to provide you the best tour experiences ever! Click Here to check out our policies and procedures that help keep things running smoothly.
Our Motor Coaches
We travel in style! Our primary motor coach is named Anne, for Anne of Green Gables – one of our favorite characters from one of our favorite tours – the Canadian Maritimes. Anne is a Van Hool Coach, re-configured to maximize the comfort of our travelers.
Here are the basics
- Seating for 23 to 46 passengers
- High back reclining seats
- Climate control systems
- Overhead reading lights
- Audio/video/public address systems
- Overhead and under seat storage
Here are the extras
- Extra leg room (several seats were removed to provide more space)
- Electrical outlets at each seat
- Restroom on board
- Satellite TV
- Leather seats with safety belts
- Hospitality area for snacks and drinks
PLUS – Our drivers are the best! Safety is their first priority … with you, their passengers, coming in a close second! Their friendly service and willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ for you is evident from the first time you step on the coach. Our drivers attend regularly scheduled safety meetings and training to ensure full knowledge of rules and regulations governing the motor coach industry. The coach company maintains the highest safety rating awarded by the Federal Motor Carriers. A preventive maintenance program ensures that the coaches we use are in proper working order a safe for our customers. Our coaches are fully ensured and meet all regulatory requirements for vehicle liability insurance as outlined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and the South Carolina Public Safety Commission’s Carrier Regulations.
Email: Click Here
Call: Telephone: 803-356-3000 OR 1-888-748-6877
Write: Carolina Tours, 455 Long’s Pond Road, Lexington, SC 29073